Thursday, March 5, 2009

Podcasting

What an absolute hair pulling nightmare!!!! I had no problem creating the podcast whatsoever. I found the Audicity software to be very user friendly and exciting to work with. I made the script and recorded. No problem! The nightmare began when I had to convert to an mp3 file. I don't know what the problem was but I could not figure it out. I followed Debbie's directions and resorted to my podcasting info from a summer workshop. After an hour of frustration I finally downloaded a free mp3 converter. Just when I think all is going smoothly I hit another wall! From podbean, which I have used before, I was unable to upload my podcast. It goes as far as 1% then sits there, forever. I have been waiting over an hour with no success. I tried other computers with older versions of Windows to no avail. I have had enough. Finally I was able to save it as an ftp and provide a link for this assignment. I don't know if this is correct but I have had enough and am ready to go home! I had high hopes of developing podcasts with my students. There are so many uses for this resource in 21st century learning. I feel now that it is not worth the hassle and headache! If you would like to view my podcast and script please click on the links below.
Podcast
Script

No comments:

Post a Comment